The Indiana Journal of Global Legal Studies (“IJGLS”) accepts unsolicited articles addressing legal issues engendered by globalization. Though IJGLS relies predominately on symposia for its content, articles received through the submissions process are an important part of IJGLS and will be peer-reviewed (double blind) and considered for publication.
The IJGLS is a unique journal in that it is peer-reviewed, and only publishes articles that are global in nature. IJGLS takes an interdisciplinary approach to global legal issues, integrating perspectives of law, business, economics, philosophy, politics, science, and sociology, to develop unique solutions to current legal problems. Submissions that focus on the intersection of legal and academic disciplines with globalization, as characterized by the movement of peoples, ideas, and goods without regard to borders, are welcomed.
The Journal accepts submissions in Microsoft Word or compatible format.
Detailed citations should be included in footnotes. Footnotes must comply with The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation. Please include page numbers (“pincites,” or “jump cites”) in citations when possible.
- Other Documents to Include
An abstract (150 words max) of the submitted article is required.
- We consider only original manuscripts not otherwise under contract, in press or in print. Submissions are accepted year round.
- IJGLS prefers submissions sent as one attachment via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name and the title of your article in the subject line of the e-mail.
- We are also able to consider submissions sent via postal service (as an electronic version on cd-rom in the format specified above or as a hard copy). Since we communicate with authors primarily via e-mail, please include your e-mail address with your submission (if not submitting via e-mail). Submissions sent to IJGLS by postal service will not be returned.
- You may expect to receive acknowledgement of receipt via e-mail from the Submissions Editor shortly after you have submitted your article.
- Our review process typically requires approximately four weeks to complete once all required material has been electronically submitted.
- If you have been selected for publication, you will receive an e-mail notifying you of your selection and detailing the publication process and timeline. Each selected author will enter a publishing agreement with IJGLS that confers limited rights on IJGLS to reproduce and distribute the selected article. Upon selection, more information regarding publishing agreements will be provided.
- If you have any further inquiries regarding the publication process, please e-mail email@example.com.
- Click here for information regarding proposals for symposium issues, and click here for information regarding the responsibilities of guest editors.