Proposals for Symposium Issues
We welcome proposals for guest-edited symposia. Please address your inquiry to the faculty editor. Please note that all contributions will be individually reviewed, and acceptance of the proposal does not guarantee acceptance of every paper.
The proposal should include the following elements:
- Name(s) and cv(s) of the proposed editor(s);
- Names of all proposed authors, along with titles and abstracts (150 words max) of all proposed contributions;
- A statement of rationale by the guest editor (500 words max) including specific reference to the intended contribution to understandings of globalizations and legal studies; and
- A proposed submission deadline.
Responsibilities of Guest Editors
A guest editor’s responsibilities include the following:
- The guest editor is responsible for ensuring timely submission of all proposed contributions at every stage of the review and publication process.
- The guest editor must provide authors with a preliminary editorial review of all proposed manuscripts for thematic coherence, substantive contribution, and journal format prior to submission (unedited conference papers cannot be considered).
- Following external review, the guest editor is responsible for conveying the editorial reviews to the individual authors and monitoring the revision process. The faculty editor has final responsibility for deciding on acceptance or rejection.
- The guest editor must remain available to the faculty and student editors throughout the editorial and publication process.